In today’s post, we’re going to walk you through the My COMPASS PA Login process. The My COMPASS PA online portal (www.compass.state.pa.us) is the website used by the Pennsylvania DHS to manage SNAP Benefits (Food Stamps), Medical Assistance (Medicaid), cash assistance (TANF), and other government benefit programs.
If you’re new to COMPASS, this article will provide you with everything you need to successfully log in to your My COMPASS account.
However, if you do not currently have an account, see our post on how to create a My COMPASS account.
This My COMPASS Login Guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to log in, links to the My COMPASS online portal, and troubleshooting tips if you have issues.
To find out how to log in to your My COMPASS online account, keep reading below.
Table of Contents:
- Benefits of My COMPASS PA Account?
- My COMPASS PA Login
- Pennsylvania Food Stamps FAQs
Benefits of My COMPASS PA Account
The MY COMPASS PA account is used to apply for the following Pennsylvania benefits programs:
- Health Care Coverage
- Medical Assistance
- Medicaid for Former Foster Care Youth
- Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities (MAWD)
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Pennsylvania’s Health Insurance Marketplace (Pennie)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Cash Assistance
- Long Term Living Services – Home and Community Based
- Long Term Living Services – Nursing Home and Related Facilities
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Free or Reduced Price School Meals
- Child Care Works
Having a My COMPASS PA account has many benefits. You can perform the following task online, as shown by the category below:
- Upload your verification documents and check the status of your application
- View and manage your benefit information
- Receive e-Notices
- Report changes to your case
- Search for child care and other early learning programs
- Search for and submit referrals for certain home and community-based services
How to Create My COMPASS PA Account
To create your My COMPASS PA account, follow the steps we have outlined below:
Step 1 – Visit My COMPASS PA Website
To start the login process for your My COMPASS PA account, visit the My COMPASS PA website. Click here to be taken there.
Once you are on the homepage you will need to locate the “LOGIN/REGISTER” button, which is usually located at the top of the site (see image below).
Click the “LOGIN/REGISTER” button to see a dropdown menu.
Step 2 – Click on “Register” Link
Once you click on the “Login/Register” link, you will see a drop-down page.
Click on the “Register” link under “Individuals & Families” to continue as shown below.
Step 2 – Enter Username and Password
Next, you will be taken to a page where you will be required to enter your account username and password, as shown below.
Once you enter the correct username and password, click “LOGIN” to continue, as shown by the image below.
Step 3 – View your account
If you entered the correct username and password, you will be automatically taken to your My COMPASS PA account page, where you can perform a variety of tasks, including applying for:
- Food Stamps/SNAP
- Cash Assistance
- Medical Assistance
Forgot Username and Password?
If you do not remember your login credentials, follow the instructions below:
If you do not remember your username, click on the “Forgot Username?” link, as shown below.
To retrieve your username, you will be required to provide the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address/E-form Number, MCI/Medicaid/EBT Card Number or Social Security Number
Once you enter the information, click “Submit” to retrieve your username.
To retrieve your password, enter your username and click “Continue” to complete the steps in retrieving your password.
Pennsylvania Food Stamps FAQs
Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Pennsylvania Food Stamps.
How much will I get in Food Stamps in Pennsylvania?
If you are approved for Pennsylvania SNAP benefits, how much you will receive depends on your household size and net income.
The table below provides the maximum monthly benefit and the estimated average monthly benefit based on household size.
The amount you receive may differ from these amounts due to your income and other factors.
A SNAP budget must be calculated for your household in order to determine your SNAP eligibility and benefit amount.
|Household Size||Maximum SNAP Benefit||Estimated Average Monthly Benefit|
|Each additional member||(+$188)|
What can I buy with Pennsylvania Food Stamps?
Your Pennsylvania ACCESS EBT card works like a debit card. You can use this card to buy food at most grocery stores.
At the checkout counter, swipe the card and enter a 4-digit PIN number to use your SNAP/food stamps to buy food.
You can buy any food product available at participating grocery stores (with the exception of prepared foods).
You can locate stores that accept Pennsylvania SNAP benefits online at Snap Retailer Locator.
Additionally, you can use your SNAP benefits at participating PA farmers’ markets and healthy corner stores.
Here’s what you can buy with Pennsylvania SNAP EBT:
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Meat, poultry, and fish;
- Dairy products;
- Breads and cereals;
- Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages; and
- Seeds and plants, which produce food for the household to eat.
You CANNOT use Pennsylvania SNAP EBT benefits to buy:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements. If an item has a Supplement Facts label, it is considered a supplement and is not eligible for SNAP purchase.
- Live animals (except shellfish, fish removed from water, and animals slaughtered prior to pick-up from the store).
- Prepared Foods fit for immediate consumption
- Hot foods
- Any nonfood items such as:
– Pet foods
– Cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household supplies.
– Hygiene items, cosmetics
What Fast Food Places Take Pennsylvania EBT/Food Stamps/SNAP?
The Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) is a federal program that enables qualified elderly, disabled, and homeless food stamps recipients to buy food at authorized restaurants. Any state or county can enroll in the Restaurant Meals Program.
The purpose of the program is to help expand food access to those who do not have a place to store and cook food, who may not be able to prepare food or who don’t have access to a grocery store.
Not all states participate in the RMP.
Currently, the Restaurant Meal Program is running in the following states:
- New York
- Rhode Island
Unfortunately, the state of Pennsylvania does not currently participate in the Restaurant Meals Program. We will update you as soon as the state joins the program.
How to Create My COMPASS PA Account Summary
We hope our post on How to Create My COMPASS PA Account was helpful to you!
If you need additional help determining your eligibility for food stamps or submitting your application for Pennsylvania SNAP, please let us know in the comments section below.
If you found this article helpful, we encourage you to please share it with someone using the “Share this” button below.
In the meantime, be sure to check out our other articles on Pennsylvania SNAP and EBT:
Pennsylvania SNAP Benefits FAQs
PA EBT Deposit Schedule
Pennsylvania ACCESS EBT Card Balance
How to Create a PA EBT Online Account