The Customer service agents that answer the Pennsylvania EBT card phone number are there to help you with questions regarding your EBT, P-EBT, or cash assistance card. Even though the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) offices may be closed due to the pandemic, DHS employees are assisting people by telephone. In this post, we will provide the Pennsylvania EBT Phone Number to call for help with your EBT or P-EBT benefits.
However, before you call the Pennsylvania EBT Helpline, scroll below to see if the question you are calling about is already answered here.
This post will cover:
- Pennsylvania EBT Phone Number
- How to Speak to a Live person at PA EBT Customer Service
- How do I replace a Lost or Stolen Pennsylvania EBT Card?
- Learn how to Reset Pennsylvania EBT Card PIN
- What can I buy with my Pennylvans EBT card?
- How to Check Pennsylvania EBT Card Balance?
Pennsylvania EBT Card Customer Service Phone Number
You can call the EBT Recipient Hotline 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
However, hold times have been reported to be very long, as many people are calling the Pennsylvania EBT Recipient to inquire about EBT benefits.
To save you time and frustration, we have provided answers below to the most common reasons people call the Pennsylvania EBT Phone Number.
Scroll down to see if your question is answered below.
How to speak to a live person
Here’s how to reach a LIVE person at the Pennsylvania EBT Phone Helpline:
It can be frustrating to call the EBT helpline and find yourself speaking to an automated system.
Here is how you can get to a real person when you call the Pennsylvania EBT helpline:
Call 1-888-328-7366 for assistance.
Select your language
Enter your 19 digit card number
Once you have successfully entered your EBT card number, Press “0” to be connected to a live customer service person
When connected to a live person, you can proceed to ask them your question or tell them about the issue with your Pennsylvania EBT Card.
Before you call the Pennsylvania EBT Phone Number
As we mentioned above, the Pennsylvania EBT Phone lines are flooded with phone calls from people trying to get details about EBT benefits.
Therefore, hold times are long when you call the phone number.
We have answered the top questions people call the Pennsylvania EBT Phone Number for.
Scroll down below to see if your question has been answered below.
How do I replace a Lost or Stolen Pennsylvania EBT Card?
Here’s how to replace a lost or stolen Pennsylvania ACCESS EBT Card:
First, If you suspect or know:
- That your Pennsylvania EBT card or card number has been lost or stolen;
- That someone not authorized by you has gained access to your EBT card or card number and PIN;
- or, That someone has gained information about your identity that may result in your benefits being stolen.
If any of the above is true, follow these three (3) steps:
First, you must immediately contact EBT Customer Service (1-888-328-7366) to report your EBT card lost or stolen.
Only by first contacting EBT Customer Service to deactivate your EBT card can you protect yourself against potential benefit theft.
When you call, the EBT Customer Service will deactivate your card so that no one else can use it.
You can also request a new replacement card to be mailed to you at this time.
If you do not have your card replaced, you may not be able to use your card at other stores to obtain your benefits.
A replacement EBT card will be mailed to the address they have on their system.
The new card will arrive in the mail within 5-7 business days. There is no tracking information for replacement cards sent in the mail.
If you have waited 7 business days after you called customer service and have not received your card, you should call the helpline for an update.
Here’s how to check on the status of your previously ordered EBT Card:
However, if the address on their system is not correct, you will need to have your local County Assistance Office (CAO) that manages your case correct the address before a replacement card can be mailed.
Your benefits will be protected as soon as you report your card as lost or stolen.
How to Reset Pennsylvania EBT Card PIN
Here are the steps to select or change your Pennsylvania EBT Card PIN:
If you do not remember your PIN, you can select a new one by completing the following instructions:
First, call 1-888-328-7366.
Follow the prompts to select or change your PIN.
You will need the following information to select your Personal Identification Number (PIN):
- The 19 digit card number on the front of your ACCESS EBT card.
- The last four digits of the primary EBT account holder’s SSN.
- The primary EBT account holder’s Date of Birth.
You can also change your PIN online after you create a user account and log in.
For help to create a PA EBT online account and change/select a PIN, see our post on How to Create Pennsylvania EBT Account Online.
What can I buy with my Pennsylvania EBT card?
Your Pennsylvania EBT Card can be used to purchase any eligible food items that can be consumed or prepared at home.
Here is the list of eligible items you can buy with your Pennsylvania EBT Card:
- Alcohol Mixers
- Baby Food (for example, infant formula, cereals, juices)
- Baker’s yeast
- Bottled water
- Baked Goods
- Breads and Cereals
- Cakes that are more than 50% edible
- Cooking Ingredients
- Corn Husks
- Dairy Products
- Deli food (for example, cold sandwiches, subs, sushi, salads)
- Energy Drinks with a Nutrition Label
- Frozen foods (for example, Entrees, Frozen Dinners, frozen vegetables, and fruits)
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Gift baskets (if the value of food item is at least 50% of the total price)
- Ice (such as, cubed, bagged, or blocked)
- Ice Cream
- Lunch Meat
- Meats, Fish, Seafood, and Poultry
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
- Organic foods
- Rotisserie Chicken (If it is in a cold display case)
- Slimfast, Muscle Milk, Ensure
- Soft Drinks (Soda)
- Sushi (deli packaged sushi to go)
- Uncooked Pizza
- Vegan foods
- Vegetable Plants
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list. However, we made sure to include our most frequently searched items by our readers.
What does EBT not cover?
Your Pennsylvania EBT Card can not be used to purchase any hot or prepared food item, as well as any non-food items.
Here is a list of items that your EBT does not cover:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Soaps, paper products, cosmetics, grooming items
- Pet food (for example, dog food, cat food, etc.)
- Vitamins or medicines
- Food that will be eaten in the store
- Hot foods
Other Items you cannot buy with your EBT Card include:
- Cod liver oil
- Cough drops
- Crabs (cooked and hot)
- Dietary Supplements (for example, GNC, and most protein powders)
- Dry ice
- Energy drinks with Supplement Information labels (for example, 5-Hour Energy)
- Fertilizer and insecticides
- Flax oil
- Fountain Drinks
- Gift baskets (if the food part of the gift basket is less than 50% of the total price)
- Ice cream cone/sundae
- Livestock (for example, live animals or birds)
- Cakes (that are more than 50% non-edible)
- Toilet paper
How to Check Pennsylvania EBT Card Balance?
There are three ways to check your Pennsylvania ACCESS Card balance.
Option 1 – Via Phone
Call the Pennsylvania EBT recipient hotline at 1-888-EBT-PENN (1-888-328-7366).
Option 2 – Online
- You can check the balance online here.
Option 3 – Using the Last Transaction Receipt.
- You can also check the balance by locating your Last Receipt
Pennsylvania EBT Phone Number Summary
We hope this post on the Pennsylvania EBT Phone Number was helpful.
If you need additional help regarding Pennsylvania SNAP or EBT, please let us know in the comments section below.
If you found this article helpful, we encourage you to please share it with someone using the “Share this” button below.