The Montgomery County Assistance Office (CAO) helps low-income families and individuals access benefits programs like SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps), TANF or Cash benefits, Home Heating, Child Care, and Long-Term Care Services. In this post, we are going to describe the CAO benefits and how to apply, plus the list of CAO office locations near you, including Norristown and Pottstown.
Table of Contents:
- Montgomery County Assistance Benefits
- Montgomery County Assistance Office Locations
- Phone Number for County Assistance Office
- How to Apply for Pennsylvania Assistance Benefits
- Montgomery County Food Stamps FAQs
Montgomery County Assistance Benefits
The Montgomery County Assistance office helps people and families in need to access public assistance benefits, including SNAP or Food Stamps.
You can submit applications for benefits or renewals benefits at your local county assistance office.
Caseworkers are available at the county assistance office to help you and answer your questions in person or over the phone if the office is closed to the public.
In addition to helping with SNAP or food stamps benefits, the Montgomery County Assistance office can also help with the following benefit programs:
- Cash Assistance
- Health Care Coverage (Medical Assistance)
- Home Heating Assistance (LIHEAP)
- Family Planning Services
- Help with Child Care
- School Meals
- Long-Term Living Services
Montgomery County Assistance Office Locations
There are 2 DHS County Assistance office locations in Montgomery County PA.
You can visit a Montgomery County Assistance office to:
- Apply for Public Assistance Benefits
- Complete your interview
- Renew your Public Assistance Benefit
- Get help with your benefits, including SNAP, LIHEAP, Medicaid, and more.
Below is a list of all the County Assistance Office locations, including phone numbers and hours of operation.
Montgomery County Assistance Office – Norristown District
1931 New Hope Street
Norristown, PA 19401-3191
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Montgomery County Assistance Office – Pottstown District
24 Robinson Street
Pottstown, PA 19464-5584
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
For a complete list of all the DHS County Assistance Offices in Pennsylvania, use our Pennsylvania County Assistance Location finder.
Phone Number for Montgomery County Assistance Office
For more help with your benefits, contact the Montgomery County Food Stamps Customer Service phone number at 1-877-398-5571 (Norristown) or at 1-800-641-3940 (Pottstown).
Customer Service representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Customer service can help answer your questions about Pennsylvania benefits, including SNAP benefits eligibility, application, EBT Card, or any other general questions.
In addition, you can contact your local Montgomery County Assistance Office (PA DHS) or call the Pennsylvania SNAP Customer Service Center at 1-877-395-8930.
How to Apply for Pennsylvania Assistance Benefits
There are three different ways to apply for or renew your benefits in Montgomery County, PA.
Use the COMPASS website. You can see if you qualify, apply for, or renew benefits all online.
To login to your COMPASS account, see our post on COMPASS account login.
Also, if you need help creating an account, see our post on How to create a COMPASS Account.
Your local county assistance office can help answer any questions and assist you in person.
See above for office locations in Montgomery County, PA.
Download the appropriate paper application from the list below and mail it to the county assistance office locations listed above.
- Pennsylvania Application for Benefits(Cash Assistance, Health Care, SNAP) English
- Health Care Coverage Application — English
- SNAP Application — English
- SNAP (Simple Application) for Seniors and People with Disabilities — English
- Breast Cancer Prevention & Treatment Program Application — English
- Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities Application — English
- Benefits Review — English
- Medical Assistance Financial Eligibility Application for Long-Term Care, Supports, and Services English
Montgomery County Food Stamps FAQs
Here are the most frequently asked questions about food stamps in Montgomery County, PA.
What Grocery Stores accept EBT in Montgomery County?
There are over 440 stores that take Food Stamps in Montgomery County, PA.
This includes the following stores:
- Acme Market
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Big Lots
- CVS Pharmacy
- Dollar General
- Dollar Tree
- Family Dollar Store
- Pantry 1 Food Mart
- Produce Junction
- Redners Warehouse Market
- Rite Aid
- Royal Farms
- Swiss Farm Stores
- Trader Joe’s
- Weis Markets
For the complete list, see our post on Stores that take SNAP EBT in Montgomery County.
Can I get Amazon Prime Discount with PA SNAP?
Yes, as a Pennsylvania SNAP EBT Cardholder, you can get over 50% OFF Amazon Prime when you sign up with your EBT Card.
With the Amazon Prime EBT discount, you can get all the great benefits of Prime at a fraction of the cost.
Also, as an Amazon Prime member, you get FREE shipping on Amazon Fresh groceries.
The regular Amazon Prime monthly membership fee is $14.99. As a Pennsylvania SNAP EBT cardholder, you get Amazon Prime for $6.99 per month.
That’s more than a 50% discount on the regular membership fee.
Best of all, you can try Amazon Prime for FREE for 30 days. After 30 days, you can sign up for the SNAP EBT discount.
Click here to sign up for a FREE 30-day trial of Amazon Prime.
For just $6.99 per month you get all these EBT Amazon Prime benefits:
- One-Day FREE Shipping on millions of eligible Amazon items
- Two-Day FREE Shipping on millions of eligible Amazon items
- Access to instantly stream thousands of Free Movies & TV Shows
- Access to Unlimited FREE Prime Music streaming
- FREE 2-Hour Delivery on Prime Now items
CLICK HERE to Sign up and Save with the Amazon Prime Discount for EBT Cardholders.
Montgomery County Assistance Office Summary
We hope you found this guide on the County Assistance Office locations helpful!
If you have additional questions about how to get benefits in Montgomery County, including Pennsylvania SNAP EBT benefits, please let us know in the comments section below.
If the meantime, check out our other articles on Pennsylvania Food Stamps:
- Can you get Food Stamps in Pennsylvania without a job?
- How long will SNAP Increase last in Pennsylvania?
- PA EBT Card Discounts & Freebies
- Pennsylvania EBT Card Guide
- Pennsylvania Food Stamps FAQs
- Food Stamps Benefits in Montgomery County, PA