The state of Pennsylvania will issue P-EBT benefits for summer 2022. In this post, we will provide a detailed update on Pennsylvania 2022 P-EBT Benefits.
We will explain who is eligible, benefit amounts, and when benefits will be reloaded onto P-EBT cards.
Also, we will provide information on how to check your P-EBT card balance and how to reach the P-EBT customer service center.
What are P-EBT Benefits?
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a temporary federal food benefits program for families to buy food to make up for school meals that were missed while students were enrolled in remote/blended learning.
Benefits can be used anywhere food stamps are accepted, most grocery stores and farmers’ markets.
When will Pennsylvania Issue P-EBT for Summer 2022?
Yes. Congress authorized P-EBT for children during the 2021-2022 school year. The state of Pennsylvania has implemented a state plan that makes P-EBT benefits available to qualifying households.
Here’s what you need to know:
Beginning in mid to late June 2022, eligible students will receive P-EBT benefits in several 10-day periods:
- the first stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the months of September 2021 through November 2021.
- the second stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the months of December 2021-February 2022.
- the third stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the months of March through May 2022.
- the final stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the summer months of June 2022 through August 2022.
The amount of P-EBT benefits received for each child for each stage will vary based on the individual student’s circumstances.
Who is Eligible for Pennsylvania P-EBT Benefits?
First, if your child attends a school that has been closed or reduced attendance for five consecutive days and your child receives meals through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and is not receiving those meals because they are absent from the classroom due to COVID-19, then they qualify for P-EBT.
Who is Eligible for National School Lunch Program?
If your child is eligible for NSLP if your child has an approved free or reduced-price status from a household application.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Medical Assistance
- Enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
Is there an application for Pennsylvania 2022 P-EBT Benefits?
There is no application for Pennsylvania P-EBT.
Benefits are issued based on lists provided by the schools.
If you have questions about Pennsylvania P-EBT benefits, please contact your local County Assistance Office or call the Statewide Customer Service Center at 1-877-395-8930.
How much will my Family get in PA EBT Benefits?
Each child will receive $7.10 in P-EBT benefits for each day the child has an excused absence from school for COVID-related reasons.
For example, if your child missed five days of school in October and seven days in November due to COVID-19, you would get $85.20 ($7.10 x 12).
How do I contact Pennsylvania P-EBT Customer Service?
Here’s how to contact the Pennsylvania P-EBT Customer Service helpline:
Call the P-EBT Hotline at 484-363-2137.
Before you call, be sure to have the following information on hand when you call:
- Names of your child(ren)
- Child(ren) date(s) of birth
- School or school district they attend
- Contact phone number
- Contact email address
- Current mailing address
- A brief description of the issue
- The specific days when your child was out of school due to COVID-19
The other way to contact the P-EBT Customer service line is to complete the Pennsylvania P-EBT Inquiry Form.
Please fill out as much information as possible on the form as this will help customer service to research your issue and try to resolve it.
Where do I check my Pennsylvania P-EBT Balance?
You can also check your P-EBT balance through www.connectebt.com.
Additionally, you can check your P-EBT balance by calling 1-888-EBT-PENN(7366).
Lastly, you can check the balance on your P-EBT benefits using the MyCOMPASS PA app on your smartphone.
Pennsylvania 2022 P-EBT Benefits Summary
We hope this post on the Pennsylvania 2022 P-EBT benefits was helpful.
If you have further questions about Pennsylvania SNAP or EBT Card, please let us know in the comments section below.
Need help with the Extra SNAP Schedule? Get the Extra Food Stamps for Pennsylvania for September 2022.
If the meantime, check out our other articles on Pennsylvania Food Stamps:
- Can you get Food Stamps in Pennsylvania without a job?
- How long will the SNAP Increase last in Pennsylvania?
- PA EBT Card Discounts & Freebies
- Pennsylvania EBT Card Guide
- Pennsylvania Food Stamps FAQs
- Food Stamps Benefits in Montgomery County, PA